Navigating through files on your iphones, ipads, and ipods has never been this easier. Using iFile — a file manager that runs under user root — you can manage and view files on your iDevices. The current version is iFile 1.6.1-3 and is available in Cydia (BigBoss repo). Below are some of its features.
- Fast navigation through the iDevice file system.
- You can directly view filesof various types, e.g. movies, sounds, text, HTML, compressed files etc. Zip packing and unpacking is also supported.
- Files can be sent as email attachments.
- Text files and property lists can be edited.
- Folders and files can be bookmarked.
- Files can be uploaded and downloaded using iFile’s built-in browser.
In order to install this, you must have a jailbroken iDevice. Here are the steps to jailbreak your device if you haven’t done it already.
How to Install iFile 1.6.1-3 on your iDevice:
- On your jailbroken device, launch Cydia.
- Go to Search and then type iFile.
- Click on it.
- iFile icon will appear on your desktop. Now you can start navigating through your files.